This course is also available in French, Spanish and Arabic.
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) and will help you to begin understanding it. No knowledge of CVA is required to participate in this course, so if you are a complete beginner don't worry, you are in the right place!
If you need to take this course as a pre-requisite for another CaLP course, you can also opt to take the quiz instead of completing the course.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- Define cash transfer programming, including key terminology and definitions, and state principles for good practice in CVA
- Describe modalities, delivery mechanisms and different tools for cash and voucher assistance
- Define preconditions for implementation of cash and voucher assistance
- Explain the relevance of cash and voucher assistance in different humanitarian contexts and advocate for CVA to a variety of stakeholders
- List the key steps and associated tasks for cash and voucher assistance in the humanitarian project cycle
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of different staff functions in the CVA project cycle.
On passing the course quiz you can receive a digital badge. Badges are a whole new way to recognise learning and achievement. Think of it as a digital certificate, rather than a paper one, which you can display in a variety of ways online.
Digital badges earned through Kaya are displayed via a platform called HPass – you can set up a myHPass profile and display multiple badges. You can also share badges via social media or include a link to them from your CV.
Data protection and consent
This course was created and is administered by CaLP (The Cash Learning Partnership). By joining this course you are consenting to CaLP being given access to your Kaya profile information, including your name and email address, so that they can provide the course. This may require them to contact you. Your data will be anonymised before it is used for any analysis or reporting purposes. If you have any questions about this, please email email@example.com