This 30-minute online course introduces concepts to increase your understanding of disability and the needs of people with disabilities in humanitarian contexts. It is intended to guide you to promote an inclusive humanitarian response to ensure that people with disabilities are taken into account before, throughout and after the response.
This course is designed for any staff and volunteers in humanitarian organizations at community, local, national or international level, including programme management staff and senior staff, with little knowledge of disability or working with people with disabilities in humanitarian contexts.
- Define disability, impairment and root causes
- Identify the models of disability, from charity to the human rights based model
- Define the categories of impairments
- Explain the challenges faced by older people and people with disabilities in humanitarian contexts, and factors increasing their vulnerability
- Define older age and the perceptions of ageing and attitudes towards older people
- Improve attitudes towards people with disabilities
ADCAP online courses are largely inclusive of accessibility best practices guidelines. But, there are some functionalities in the courses that are not completely accessible due to various technical limitations. Overall, we have ensured that the courses are highly usable to our viewers. If you face any problem related to accessibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ADCAP Consortium Members: