New course: Safeguarding Essentials
This new course has been designed to train staff and volunteers in key safeguarding issues and scenarios. It will introduce you to the non-negotiable safeguarding norms, explain how to recognise potential safeguarding concerns and guide you on how to report them. The course is divided into six modules, each requiring between 10-15 minutes of study.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know the non-negotiables of conduct
- Recognise safeguarding concerns
- Understand the importance of safeguarding for the humanitarian and development sectors
- Know what to do if you observe or hear testimony or rumour about another individual causing harm, exploitation or abuse
- Act and report safeguarding concerns