Welcome to the Humanitarian playlist!
The playlist brings together some basic information about humanitarian response. It can be accessed in your own time and in any order.
The contents of this playlist will be updated regularly to meet need as new content and new standards are developed.
The different topics are:
1. The Sphere Handbook in Action - Everything you need to know about the Sphere Handbook and how to apply it to your work.
2. Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard - The Core Humanitarian Standard underpins humanitarian response.
3. Best interests of the Child - Core principles that are important for development and well-being of children, with a focus on the best interests principle.
4. Age, gender and diversity approach - How to ensure all your work is inclusive.
5. Security Awareness - Nobody should rely on just their common sense to keep them safe when travelling. These courses will make sure nothing is forgotten or left to chance.6. CREATE: Child Rights Education in East Africa - Implementing rights-based programming in a specific setting.