This learning session lasts one hour and will take you through the following topics:
- Relationship between ICL and IHL, and the role of the former in supporting the enforcement of the latter;
- Main legal instruments (e.g., treaties) and mechanisms (e.g., courts and tribunals) of the ICL framework;
- Main elements of war crimes, genocide, crimes against humanity and the crime of aggression;
- Jurisdictional scope as well as general legal principles of the ICL framework;
- Challenges to the application of ICL in contemporary contexts.