This webinar is linked with the webinar titled "Qualification of Armed Conflict and Determining the Applicable Law". It expands the discussion on qualifying armed conflicts by providing two cases studies from Ukraine and Syria. It describes the importance of carrying out qualification assessments but also its complexity. In particular, you will taken through the following issues:
- How to undertake qualification analysis using Syria and Ukraine as examples;
- Relevant treaty terminology and rules regarding qualification;
- Criteria helpful in determining conflict threshold;
- Analysis of straightforward and complicated scenarios, including those developing rapidly;
- Practical utility and relevance of qualification framework.