This webinar is about qualifying a situation as an international armed conflict (IAC) or non-international armed conflict (NIAC), and how that qualification influences the application of rules of international humanitarian law. In particular, the webinar focuses on:
- Binary framework of IAC and NIAC;
- Relevance and utility of conducting a qualification analysis;
- Definition of IAC and NIAC, and the consequences for various actors (i.e. military, humanitarian, etc.);
- Threshold indicia relevant to IAC and NIAC;
- Abilities to walk through a qualification analysis.