This webinar will take you though:
- International Humanitarian Law and its aims to limit the effects of hostilities for those who do not participate or no longer participate in hostilities;
- Balance between the humanitarian imperative and military necessity that undergirds the rules regulating hostilities;
- Definition of military objective;
- Principles of distinction and proportionality;
- Rules regarding precautionary measures and prohibition of superfluous injury and unnecessary suffering.