This webinar lasts 40 minutes and takes you through the following issues:
- Different kinds of actors for whom International Humanitarian Law (IHL) is a relevant framework;
- Professional contexts and roles that call for familiarity with IHL;
- Conditions that trigger the application of IHL, and the implications for both civilians and belligerents;
- Basic sources of IHL rules, namely multilateral treaties and customary IHL;
- Basic rules and principles of the IHL framework;
- Understanding of IHL within the broader context of public international law.