This is the second part of a 2-part course on linking humanitarian CTP with Social Protection. We recommend you take Part 1: An introduction to CTP and Social Protection before continuing with this course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the five suggested steps for designing cash-based humanitarian assistance that links to and utilises, or contributes to strengthening, social assistance systems in the country.
- Describe each of the five steps for designing CTPs.
- Explain the activities that humanitarian actors need to conduct at each step, and how they differ compared to the usual actions of the emergency response cycle
- Describe how the social assistance context influences the choice of how to link cash-based humanitarian assistance with social assistance.
- Identify potential communication and co-ordination requirements across each step
- Demonstrate ability to apply the steps in order to make appropriate decisions
- Collaborate with appropriate partners at each step.
This course does not provide an introduction to humanitarian cash-based programming, nor to social protection. If you are not familiar with humanitarian CTP, please take a look at the CaLP CTP Fundamentals course or browse CaLP's course catalogue for more information.
This course was created by CaLP, who monitor use of this course to ensure it is fit for purpose. This means that CaLP will be able to see the name you use on Kaya and any professional information you have given us. All this data will be anonymised before it is used for any analysis or reporting. If you have any questions about this, please email email@example.com